CAK was intended for documenting recipes cooked at home for the reference of children who stayed far away from home base . As our family circle started expanding to other states through marital connections an array of recipes belonging to different regions are also being documented in CAK . Learnt the recipe of a simple and tasty dish from a sweet angel who will be part of our family soon . As the name suggests powdered lentil and spice are used in the preparation of Besan Capsicum Curry . It reminds me of Paruppu Usili which is also prepared using lentil – but soaked and ground – along with any selected vegetable. Here is the recipe of a yummy Rajasthani dish slightly altered to my convenience !
Capsicum ( Chopped finely ) – 2 cups
Sweet corn ( Steamed ) – 1/4 cup ( Optional)
Besan ( dry roast ) – 1/2 cup
Chilly Powder – 1 tbsp ( Instead I love to use my Sambar Powder ! )
Dania powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 / 2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tbsp
Sesame oil – 2 tbsps
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
1. Blend all the dry powders in a bowl .
2. Add chopped Capsicum and steamed sweet corn and mix well .
3. Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds and then add the curry leaves.
4. Add the vegetable and spice mixture , and stir well .
5. Stir and cook on medium flame till the capsicum softens .
6. Keep stirring till the oil comes out and the Besan mixture turns reddish in colour.
Enjoy the hot and spicy Besan Capsicum Curry with rotis or rice.